Keywords: ahir updos
Description: Put those tresses to work for you with these speedy updos for long hair that will take you from a night in your most beautiful gown to a night on the town!
Undoubtedly the best thing about long hair is the ability to dress it up and fashion it into new shapes. Even if your hair isn’t mermaid length, extra help is available. Try using extensions. hair pieces, buns or padding for added volume and thickness or to get really creative.
Formal events, parties or a Friday night out all present fun opportunities to experiment with unique looks. Dressing long hair can be super fun and quick too. Many of these styles can easily be accomplished in ten minutes or less.
Wearing your hair up during colder months also eliminates static flyaways and lessens heat damage due to overuse of hot styling tools. Get inspired with these perfect gorgeous updos for long hair.
2. Section off the entire right side, then begin an underhand French braid. Lace the hair strands up and over (instead of under) to create a puffy effect.
3. Next, move to the top fringe section. Take this section, pull the hair straight up and lightly backcomb. Gather hair and hold three inches from the ends. Then, loosely twist the hair down and secure with bobby pins.
4. Continue this technique while working your way down to the nape area, creating loose twisty curls to resemble a mohawk style.
This look is suitable for round, square or oval-shaped faces. This style works best on medium to thick hair .
3. Begin by separating 1″ wide strands of hair at the perimeter of the ponytail. Delicately twist each strand and secure with a hair pin. Continue this process all around the back and side sections of the head.
4. Next, take a 2″ wide strand toward the center of the ponytail. Brush the strand gently to smooth, then twist it and secure with a hair pin. Repeat as necessary until all hair is secure.
1. Prep clean, dry hair with a light-hold working hairspray. You will be creating seven (7) three-stand braids for this style.
2. Create a deep side part and separate hair into three sections: the right side, the top crown area and the fringe. Pin these sections away and leave remaining hair loose.
3. Take the loose hair and divide into four sections to create four different braids. Begin in the nape area, create a simple, three-strand braid. Loosely coil and secure with bobby pins. Begin your second braid on the bottom left side of the head, coil and secure the braid into place. Create your third braid just above and secure behind the ear. The fourth braid will begin just above and in front of the ear. Keep this braid soft so it sits tightly against the head and secure.
4. Next, move to the right side to create a low-slung braid and coil it up above the braid in the nape area. Move on to the top crown area, gently brush hair smooth and create another low-slung braid and pin it above the second braid created on the left side of the nape area. Now, move on to the fringe area to create the last braid. Brush hair smooth and create a soft braid along the face and secure with a bobby pin.
1. Prep clean, dry hair with a light-hold working hairspray. You will be creating four three-stand braids for this style.
2. Create a soft side part and separate hair into four sections: the right side, the left side, the top crown area and the fringe. Pin these sections away and leave remaining hair in back loose.
3. Begin in the back and create a high ponytail. Braid this section into a three-strand braid and coil loosely in the center back of the head. Pin securely with bobby pins.Next, take the hair on the left side and brush it upward to create another small ponytail. Repeat this process on the right of the head. Take both ponytails and tie them together into a relaxed hair bow, as you would do with shoe laces. Move on to the top crown section and brush it back smoothly and away from face. Create a three-strand braid and wrap it around the hair bow. Secure into place with hair pins. Be sure to leave some sleek ends out for a soft finish.
This look is suitable for square, oval or round-shaped faces. This style works best on medium to thick hair.
2. Create a soft side part and separate the fringe and right section of the hair. Pin away from the rest of the hair for now.
3. Begin by smoothly brushing the hair on the left side. Take small sections in the back crown area and begin setting your pin curls. Work your way down the head, pin curling small sections until you reach the nape area. Next, smooth the hair on the top and right sides and mist with spray gel. Using a fine-tooth comb, style the fringe into a finger wave pattern. Set the shape into place with duckbill clips and allow hair to set.
This look is suitable for oval, round or heart-shaped faces. This style works best on medium to thick hair.
3. Brush hair smooth. Gather hair at the ends and begin rolling it under and in an upward direction. Pin hair at the base of the nape area. Place both hands in the open areas of the bun and flare them upwards to create a ‘V’ shape. Secure with bobby pins.
Try Moroccan Oil Gold Glimmer Shine Spray for long lasting shine while protecting hair from the effects of UV light and free radicals.
2. Create a side part and section the fringe area away. Take remaining hair and create a low side pony. Backcomb the entire ponytail. fold hair upward and secure at the base of the ponytail with bobby pins. Using your fingers or a rattail comb, tug on strands for a messy finish.
3. Move on to the fringe area and brush hair smooth. Rake fingers through hair and allow it to fall. Secure into place with hair pins for a natural finish.
2. Create a side part, brush hair smooth and create a ponytail at the base of the nape area. Take a 2″ wide strand and separate it for now. Backcomb the remaining hair and create large, soft curls and secure with bobby pins. Continue until all hair is secured. Next, take the 2″ wide strand you separated earlier and create a three-strand braid. Wrap the braid on top of and along the bun. Secure into place with hair pins.
3. Next, create a high ponytail. Backcomb the ponytail, twist hair loosely and coil it around the base of the ponytail. Keep this look soft by tugging at strands while securing with hair pins.
4. Move to the fringe and right side section and brush gently to smooth. Take the ends to create a twist and pin it into place with a bobby pin. Repeat this technique on the opposite side.
2. Brush hair smooth and gather into a ponytail. Separate a few 2″ wide strands and create three braids. Tie them off with small rubber bands and clip away for now.
3. Next, backcomb the underside of the ponytail while keeping the surface area smooth. Curl hair under to create a large bun, securing bottom and sides with bobby pins.
4. Take two of the braids and accent the bun on both the right and left side. Take the last braid and wrap it round the base of the bun.
As you can see, many styles are quite simple and easy to achieve with no heat-styling. Keep in mind, these looks do tend to work best on medium to thick hair. However, fine-haired girls can use clip-in extensions. hair pieces or padding for super volume too.
Keep things simple by sectioning your hair for control and taking things one step at a time. The only hard part will be choosing which look to try first!