Youseemore com adaircpl
Keywords: youseemore com adaircpl
Description: Here's a list of five resources that are available through the Adair County Public Library.
Adair County Public Library Children's Librarian Diane Burger explains the library's online features on its website Tuesday afternoon.
Everyone knows that the Adair County Public Library offers thousands of books to local residents, but the library can be used as much more than a book repository.
Here’s a list of five resources that are also available through the Adair County Public Library.
1. Online resources: A patron doesn’t have to physically be inside the library in order to have access to all of its features.
The Adair County Public Library has a large selection of online resources available, which range from ancestry.com to the online research database EBSCOhost.
The latest online feature is the library’s language learning database “pronunciator.” The language program offers lessons on 80 different languages, and with an Adair County Public Library, patrons can create an account and use the service for free.
2. Genealogy Department: For those interested in Kirksville and/or Adair County history, the Adair County Public Library may be a useful tool while doing research.
The library has a special section in its building dedicated to genealogy and historical research. The library’s Special Collections Room has over 1,000 records from old magazines and newspaper clippings to cemetery records to Kirksville High School yearbooks.
The library also has microfilm images of county newspapers dating as far back as 1841 available for public viewing.
3. Electronic resources: The Adair County Public Library is constantly changing by trying to keep up with modern technology and offering patrons what they want.
In order to keep up with modern trends, the library offers WiFi, laptops, desktop computers and tablets for patrons to use inside the library. With a deposit, patrons may also check out tablets to use at home.
The library also offers computer classes for patrons, with the month of April’s classes focusing on how to use social media and ancestry.com.
4. Free coupons: Sitting right next to the library’s newspaper section is a binder full of coupons for any patron’s desire.
The library offers free coupons and a coupon exchange for thrifty shoppers in the local area. Patrons can walk in and check out the coupons the library has available or swap coupons with others.
5. Homebound Delivery system: For people who are unable to leave their homes for health reasons, the library has set up the “Homebound Delivery” system in an effort to provide its services.
Local citizens may contact the library and sign up for the service. Once signed up, the library volunteers will check out, deliver and pickup items to and from that patron.
For more information about the Adair County Public Library, visit its website at www2.youseemore.com/AdairCPL.