Keywords: one hompage
Description: Welcome to the Washakie County School District #1 website. On behalf of the trustees and administration we hope you find the website helpful and informative. Our Vision Statement states that
Welcome to the Washakie County School District #1 website. On behalf of the trustees and administration we hope you find the website helpful and informative.
Our Vision Statement states that “Washakie County School District No. 1 will sustain a cohesive, K-12 learning community inspiring all learners to become productive, 21st Century citizens though: Academic Excellence, Relevant and Authentic Learning Opportunities, and Nurturing Relationships."
- Leadership makes a difference and we are fortunate to be lead by trustees who have served for many years. Several of our trustees have served multiple terms and their commitment to student success is unmatched. Our trustee example of service is an exemplar for our staff. Wyoming is a state that endeavors to lead the nation in academic performance and our trustees are supporting that vision.
- District and Building Leadership Teams guide the improvement process in our district. We recognize the importance of working together as a team on our improvement efforts. These teacher-led teams help us to stay on track.
- Student leadership, like our Warrior Club and our Student Council groups give students an opportunity to develop leadership skills. Many of our district and/or school initiatives come from these student groups helping us to grow our improvement efforts from the “inside.”
- Our vision of “inspiring all learners to become productive” happens best when we make positive relationships with our students.
- All of the teachers, administration, and support staff encourage achievement by motivating students to do their best. I believe that students can be successful if they have even one positive relationship with an adult in the building.
- Our district is composed of approximately 1350 students K-12. We have five attendance centers: East Side, South Side, and West Side Elementary, our Worland Middle School, and Worland High School. The Education Resource Center provides academic support for qualifying students K-12.
- We have 132 certified teachers and with classified employees a total of 300 folks in the district that support student learning. Important staff members include bus drivers, cooks, custodial, maintenance, teacher aides, and secretarial support. Together, we make a difference.
- Classroom teachers are at the front of the line in making students successful academically. But it takes the entire school community: trustees, administrators, teachers and classified staff all working together as a “team” to ensure student success. Our goal is to have classroom support that is strong enough to propel students to a level of academic success that supports their future college and career goals.
- Parent support is essential for student success. Staying on top of student learning is a daunting task for parents!
- One tool, my wife Kathy and I find useful, is Infinite Campus. We check our kid’s grades weekly to make sure things are on track. Also we have signed up on messenger so we get email notices if assignments are not handed in. All parents want their child to be successful and we want to partner with parents to make that happen.
- Contact your student’s school to learn how to use the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
- Check out our District Events page. This is a great place to see what is taking place in the district or school on a daily basis. Planning a family vacation? Check out this page when you are planning.