Belkin wireless g router easy
Keywords: belkin wireless g router setup, help, installation, settings,ip, belkin wireless router setup without cd,belkin router setup,belkin router setup without cd,belkin wireless g,belkin wireless router setup
Description: Help and Support for Belkin wireless G plus router setup. Learn all you need to know about Belkin N150 router.(f5d7231 Belkin) or Belkin (f5d9230) f5d7234
Note: This article will show you how to setup Belkin router manually and connect your computer to the wireless network, you can always use installation CD for configuration, if that fails you go through the manual process.
Basic step before proceeding with any of the troubleshooting steps lets power-cycle modem and router
- Unplug the power cord of your Internet Modem
- Power off the router by unplugging the Belkin router from the power outlet (electric wall socket) as well. (IMPORTANT: Leave both the devices off for at least 60 seconds)
- Then power on Internet modem first by plugging power cord back in and wait for 60 seconds until all the lights gets steady.
- Once you see all the lights lit on the modem power on your Belkin router by plugging the power adapter into an electric outlet.
Now see if you can access internet if not reboot your computer and check for internet connectivity. This is the easiest workaround to fix any modem-router issues.
Let’s say you’ve lost your original CD or your unable to setup router using CD, Still you can configure your Belkin wireless G plus router manually using the web interface (GUI).
This is applicable for Belkin recent models N600, N300 and Belkin N150 as-well. It’s very easy to access Belkin settings page, make sure ethernet cables are connected properly. you can follow the above link if you’re not sure how to connect cable between router, modem and computer.
Now, type Belkin router ip address http://192.168.2.1 by going to start and RUN window or type it in the address bar of your web browser (internet explorer/safari/Firefox) and you will be able to see router settings page.
For new router’s by default there is no password activated, so you just have to leave it blank and click on “submit ” button. Now the main page appears.
Note. If you get a message saying “incorrect password ” or if you’ve forgotten the password/ If router is unresponsive. You have to reset the router: Find more information on resetting Belkin wireless router .
Click on “Connection type ” (you will find it on the left side of page under the Internet WAN column)
Cable Broadband users. Comcast Internet, Cox Cable Internet, Charter Cable Internet, Time Warner Cable Direct and Road Runner High Speed Online etc.
- Select “Dynamic” and then click on “Next”. Leave “Host Name” place blank and click next Now Click on “Change WAN MAC Address”. Just below it you will find “Clone” Click on it . Click on “Apply Changes”
- Select “PPPOE ” and click on “Next”.
- Enter the user name and password given by your Internet Service Provider.
- Save the settings. Click on the “Home” link at the top of the screen
- Select “Static” and click on “Next”.
- You need to enter the “IP Address “, “Sub-net Mask” and “ISP Gateway Address” Click on “Apply Changes”.
- It will prompt for “Primary DNS” and “Secondary DNS” information. Enter the required info and click on “Apply Changes”.
(***If you have changed the wireless settings or you can’t remember the wifi password you can use wizard to change the password to your network)
- Type your network name in SSID column (you can give any name)
- For better connectivity you can select channel number as 6,10 or 11
Check the “STATUS” to the top right corner in the same page, It shows connection. Now you can connect your laptop and other wireless equipped devices and enjoy wireless internet.
- Make sure wireless switch is turned on
- Bottom right corner you will find network list, Click on it and you will find all the available wireless networks.
- If you don’t find Belkin network refresh your network list, find the screenshot of refresh button below.