California city managers
Keywords: california city managers
Description: The League of California Cities advocates in Sacramento and Washington, DC on the common issues among California cities and provides education and training for the state’s city officials.
The League of California Cities’ City Managers’ Department annually presents three prestigious awards honoring distinguished members of the department. Please submit your applications by Dec. 9, 2015.
- Promote the purposes and goals established in the League of California Cities Constitution and Bylaws;
- Serve as a technical and advisory Department to the League of California Cities;
- Strive for the continued acceptance and advancement of city management through professional accomplishment and ethical standards as embodied in the ICMA Code of Ethics.
- Seek the personal development and enrichment of its members through the promotion and conduct of conferences, seminars, and related training or communication methods; and
- Represent the International City Management Association as their official statewide organization unit and to maintain close liaison and working relationships with ICMA.
Appointed by the department president, each department has at least one representative on each of the League’s standing eight committees that can provide technical information to the committee as a whole to ensure that the department has a voice in the decision-making process, and make recommendations to the board of directors on legislative and policy issues.
Visit the League’s Policy Development webpage to view upcoming meeting information, listed committees, and meeting agendas.