Hj 720itc pocket pedometer with advanced omron health
Keywords: hj 720itc pocket pedometer with advanced omron health
Description: I think this is an excellent pedometer -- it does the job well and accurately. It counts your steps whether it is clipped on, in your pocket or in a purse. The auto-reset to zero at midnight helps
I think this is an excellent pedometer -- it does the job well and accurately. It counts your steps whether it is clipped on, in your pocket or in a purse. The auto-reset to zero at midnight helps keep you honest. Like the software - a couple of clicks and your data is automatically uploaded. It shows your results on a daily, weekly, monthly,and annual basis. Omron is the only company I have seen that provides you with software.
I think the manual that comes with the device could be slightly improved but here are some tips that may help you with setting it up and using it for the first time:
(1) With the back cover off, make note of the serial number. It is engraved into the case in tiny letters near the bottom. It is a six character mix of letters and numbers. You'll need this for registration later.
(2) Before starting to configure your pedometer, you will need to calculate the length of your stride. Pick a starting point and walk 10 regular steps. Measure the distance in inches and divide by 10. Make a note of the result to use later.
(3) In the software, I suggest setting modest "daily goals" to start. Adjust your goals up or down anytime through the software's Options menu as you get use to the pedometer.
(4) The "Set" button on the front is smaller than the others and is intended to be used occasionally to reset the time, your weight, etc. as needed - it does not reset or delete your step data. As a good practice, upload your pedometer data regularly as a backup. In the unlikely event that the "Set" button is accidently pressed. just press "Set" another 4 or 5 times and you'll come back to your normal "step" screen.
(5) Step count - this pedometer shows total steps (both aerobic and regular steps)in the "step" count screen. To see only the aerobic steps accomplished for the day, go to the next screen. It keeps a separate count for aerobic steps (60 steps or more per minute continuously for 10 minutes or longer).
(6) While you can view the last 7 days of step data on the device itself, it actually holds up to 42 days in memory. All data is viewable once uploaded to your pc.